Jan Williams - Psychosynthesis Counsellor and Therapist
- Diploma of Psychosynthesis Counselling Auckland
- Diploma of Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy Auckland
- Certificate in Supervision
- Registered Nurse, MNZNO
I am drawn to this work because I enjoy people and am passionate about empowering others to -
- develop their potential
- define how and to choose to be in their lives in ways that are meaningful and fulfilling
- create a sense of wholeness, ease and contentment in their inner life and in their relationships
My therapeutic work with clients offers the opportunity to look at what is important to them and to understand the long patterns that are expressed and repeated throughout their own life, in their family system and also intergenerationally.
Patterns of behaviour may be life enhancing or limiting, can affect mood, attitudes, relationships and the ability to have a sense of personal worth and to feel successful in ones life.
Developing awareness of patterns; to understand who we are, what we want and need and why we act in certain ways gives the ability to choose how we want to be in our lives and and in our relationships.
I specialise in trauma therapy and how it's effects are expressed and experienced in ones life, utilising a body/mind and family systems approach.
I work with women and men, with couples and with parents contemplating how to parent in difficult circumstances.
I am married, a mother of 3 and have 2 step children and grandchildren. My various life experiences have inspired me to work as a therapist.
My working background is nursing, business and I have trained in kinesiology.
My working life has motivated an interest in working in organisations. My approach in this aspect of my work is to promote understanding of how the interpersonal dynamics of the individuals affect the organisation as a whole and to define processes and systems which will support the individuals and the organisation.
Therapy & Counselling Work - Skills & Interests
- Anxiety and Depression
- Trauma - Sexual, Emotional and Physical
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Health Issues – Emotional and Physical (recovery from injury and illness including chronic fatigue/disease and multiple schlerosis )
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Professional Supervision
Jan Williams - Contact details
P 09 416 0670
M 027 281 5606
Locations - Auckland (West Harbour, Epsom) and Tauranga